Do you want to know how to arrange pillows the right way for that Pinterest-worth image? Here’s a suggested guide!
Decorating Your Bed with Pinterest-Worthy Pillow Arrangements
There’s no specific template on how your bedroom should look like. Some people want a ton of blankets and pillows on their beds while others prefer to be minimalistic.
However, if you want your bed to look good enough to get pinned on Pinterest, then you need to carefully consider how to arrange the elements you put on your mattress.
Pillow arrangements add a touch of luxury to your bedroom design. Fluff up a functional and decorative pillow to make your bed design ready for the camera.
Then again, there’s a huge difference between artfully boho and crazily overdone. Do consider the size of your bed in contrast to the number of items you’re adding to your mattress.
It’s also important to think about the colors you’re working with as well as the other furnishings you have in the room.
When designing your bed, keep these aspects in mind:
- Color Scheme – Consider your bedroom’s style and hues when picking out the shades to use. If you have plain white walls, then you can definitely experiment on different colors.
- Your headboard – High headboards can accommodate several pillows without drowning out the bed. If you have a smaller headboard, a decorative one, or none at all, you may want to consider a simpler design instead of an elaborate display.
- Overall feel – Are you going for a more homey, relaxed vibe or a romantic night in Paris whenever you clonk out for the night? How you want your room to feel like will affect the colors, decorations, and pillow arrangement you should use.
If you have a beautiful Serta mattress, your Pinterest-worthy bedroom is already within your reach. But to complete the entire setup, you’ll need other items on your bed with pillows being the most important one!
Pillow Arrangement Guide
While there’s no hard rule on the pillows you should have on your bed, it’s still important to get an idea of the ideal number to include in your design. This guide will hopefully give you insight into the best number of pillows for your bed size.
A single-sized Serta bed is enough for just one person, similar to a regular twin-sized mattress. Adding too many pillows will crowd it so it would be better to keep the arrangement as simple as possible.
One Regular Sleeping Pillow + One Bolster
- Rest one regular-sized sleeping pillow vertically on the headboard.
- Then place one small bolster at the base of said pillow. This pillow can be decorative or you can use it for support if you’re a side sleeper.
One Regular Sleeping Pillow + One Accent Pillow
- Vertically lean the regular-sized sleeping pillow on your headboard.
- Lean one smaller accent pillow in a different color or pattern on the regular-sized one. Make sure the patterned side is facing outwards.
This size is a little bigger than the Single which allows for more styling room.
You can still follow the pillow arrangements for the Single mattress size if you want to keep your design simple. With more room, however, you can add a few more accents to your setup.
One Regular Sleeping Pillow + Two Accent
- Lay the regular pillow down flat on the mattress.
- Add one of the accent pillows on top of it.
- Prop up your second accent pillow on the stacked ones.
One Regular Sleeping Pillow + One Accent + One Bolster
- Prop up the regular pillow against the headboard
- Lean the accent pillow vertically against it.
- Place the bolster at the bottom of both pillows to create a stairs effect.
This bed size can generally handle one adult or two kids. Here are two ways to design your pillows.
One Regular Sleeping Pillow + Two Accent + One Bolster
- If the bed is for an adult, add one regular pillow laid flat on the bed.
- Put one accent on top of it.
- Prop the other accent a bit to the side of the two pillows.
- Lay the bolster pillow on the other side of the accent pillow.
Two Sleeping Pillows + One Bolster
- If two kids will sleep on the bed, prop up two medium-sized sleeping pillows on the headboard.
- Place the bolster horizontally across the two pillows.
Philippine Full Double
Meant for two people, the Philippine full double can accommodate couples with a smaller room size.
Two Regular Sleeping Pillows + Two Accents + One Bolster
- Lean the two regular pillows on the headboard.
- Prop up the two accents on the regular pillows.
- Place the bolster across the middle of the pillows.
Two Sleeping Pillows + Two Accents
- Like the previous arrangement, lay your regular pillow down on the mattress.
- Then, vertically lean your accents on the edge of the regular pillows.
Queen and US Queen
Bigger than the Full Double, Queen beds can hold two couples and perhaps some pets. The US Queen size is just a bit extended in length to accommodate taller people.
Two Regular Sleeping Pillows + Two Square Accents + Two Small Accents
- Lay your regular pillows flat on the bed.
- Place the square accents on top of pillows.
- Prop up the small accents against the pillows freely. If they’re square, then rotate them for 45-degrees to create a diamond shape.
Two Regular Sleeping Pillows + Two Square Accents + Bolster
- Place two regular pillows flat on the mattress.
- Plump up the square accents and lean them against the regular pillows.
- Lay the bolster down in the center of the two accents.
King and Philippine King
King beds have a bigger space to play around with than the Queen-sized ones. It’s also perfect for people who use more than two pillows during slumber.
Four Regular Sleeping pillows + Two Accent Pillows + One Bolster
- Stack the two regular sleeping pillows on the other two that are laying flat on the bed.
- Lean the accent pillow on the stacked ones. Make sure the patterned side is facing outward.
- Place the bolster pillow across the foot of the accent pillows.
Four Regular Sleeping Pillows + Three Small Accent Pillows
- Lean two regular sleeping pillows against the headboard.
- Lean the additional two regular-sized pillows on the pillows.
- Place two small accent pillows in the middle spot of the regular pillows.
- Lean the third accent pillow right smack in the middlle of the regular sleeping pillows.
Serta’s biggest bed size is great to play around it to try out different bed designs. Plus, you can put a lot of pillows on it without it looking too crowded.
Two Large Sleeping Pillows + Two Regular Sleeping Pillows + Two Accent
- Lean the two large sleeping pillows on the headboard.
- Next, lean the two regular pillows on the large ones.
- Then prop up two smaller accent pillows on them.
- To tie the entire design together, place the two bolsters on the bottom of the accent pillows.
Two Large Sleeping Pillows + Four Regular Sleeping Pillows + One Big Bolsters
- Prop up the two regular-sized sleeping pillows against the headboard.
- Lean the two large versions against the regular-sized ones.
- Prop the other two regular sleeping pillows against the large ones.
- Lay the bolster flat across the bed at the bottom of the outer regular sleeping pillows.
Philippine Super King
This Serta mattress is slightly smaller than the Super King but it still has a whole lot of room to work with to create a Pinterest-ready bed.
Four Large Sleeping Pillows + Two Accents + One Bolster
- Skip the regular-sized pillows and go straight to the large ones instead. Lay two flat on the mattress.
- Stack the other two on top of them.
- Lean the two accent pillows against the four large pillows. You can place them close to each other as well.
Two Large Sleeping Pillows + Four Small Accents + Two Bolsters
- If you don’t require too many big pillows, use two large sleeping pillows instead. Prop them against the headboard.
- Line up the four small accents pillows, leaning against the sleeping pillows.
- Place each bolster at the foot of the first and second pillow as well as the third and fourth.
Choose the Pillow Type You Need
Now Pinterest is ready for your bed!
Before anything else, though, make sure you get the correct type of mattress, pillows, accents, and bolsters for you. Doing so will avoid possible aches and pains brought about by the wrong firmness of furnishings.
You can find two types of materials in Serta pillows: Fiber Ball and Nanogel. Choose the one that best fits your sleeping needs.
How do you arrange your bed? Share your own Pinterest-worthy snaps in the comments section!