King vs queen size mattress, which one do you need in your bedroom? Here’s a comparative guide to help you choose better between these two options.
The Best Size for Your Master Bedroom: King or Queen Mattress
Mattress Buying Considerations
What do you carefully consider when buying a bed? The brand, materials, or size?
Because a bed is something you use every day for a very long time, you need to make sure that you’re buying the best possible option for you or your family. That’s why it’s important to know what mattress types work best for your needs.
How do you sleep? This is an important question to ask when buying a mattress to know which type can support your body in the position you stay on for the entire night.
Like Goldilocks, back sleepers need to lie down on a bed that’s not too hard or too soft to avoid developing back pains.
Meanwhile, side sleepers or people who sleep on their stomachs should lounge on a firm mattress for proper support at night.
Side sleepers, on the other hand, put pressure on their shoulders and hips when they sleep. That’s why they need a semi-plush mattress that will contour to their body shape to avoid putting too much pressure on the joints.
Combination sleepers change positions throughout the night so a semi-firm mattress with a memory foam top will keep them slumbering soundly.
People with a heavier disposition should get a firm mattress to avoid sagging with constant use. A plush bed will sink in the middle, resulting in body aches in the long run because of a lack of support.
Allergies, irritants, chronic pain, and other health issues also contribute to a good night’s sleep as well.
Some mattresses contain hypoallergenic materials like latex or cotton to avoid allergies and irritation. Memory foam also contours to your body shape, which can help with back and joint pain.
Meanwhile, some luxury beds include trademark technologies to improve sleep quality for sensitive sleepers. One example is Serta’s Adaptive Dynamic Cooling System which regulates the temperature to keep you well-adjusted and refreshed throughout the night.
Are you sleeping alone or with a partner? Some may even have their kids and pets in the bed with them at night.
The bed you buy must be comfortable for the number of people sleeping on it. For couples or families, a king or queen-sized bed is the best option to get.
Serta offers a variety of options for big mattress sizes, from the regular king and queen size as well as supersized versions of those popular beds.
Does Size Matter?
Comfort is a huge factor for better sleep and if you have enough room to move around in, then you can slumber away peacefully.
If you sleep with a partner, kids, or even the family pet, you’ll need something bigger than a single or double bed. Serta also has doubles but nothing beats the space a king or queen-sized mattress brings to the bedroom.
Both sizes are great for multiple people but which one should you get for your family?
King vs Queen Sized Bed
While both king and queen-sized mattresses are spacious, one is clearly bigger than the other. You might wonder which one fits your needs perfectly?
Here’s a comparison guide for both mattresses to give you a clearer idea of how your family will benefit from either one.
King Sized Bed
Serta offers four different King bed sizes that you can choose from.
- King (72 x 75 inches) – This is the usual size for king beds which is spacious enough to hold a couple and one or two toddlers.
- Philippine King (72 x 78 inches) – This bed is a little longer than the previous one, which is perfect for taller individuals. It also offers a cute little spot for the family pet at the foot of the bed.
- Super King (78 x 78 inches) – If you need more space in both length and width, then this size is just right!
- Philippine Super King (78 x 80 inches) – Huge master bedrooms won’t look so empty with this super bed. It’s perfect for a family with a couple of kids and pets.
Some benefits of getting a king-sized mattress for your master bedroom include:
- It has a spacious sleeping area.
- You can freely move around without annoying your partner.
- It can accommodate more than just two people.
- It best fits large bedrooms.
However, there are also some downsides to buying a king-sized bed. You also need to consider that this super mattress may:
- Be pricier than a queen-sized bed
- Be too big to move around by yourself
- Look great in bigger bedrooms but cramped in smaller ones
- Be more costly when buying beddings, sheets, and pillows
Queen Sized Bed
The queen-sized mattress is the most common option for couples and small families. There are two kinds of queen-sized beds being offered by Serta.
- Queen (60 x 75 inches) – This regular queen-sized bed is enough for two adults with quite a bit of room left to move around comfortably during sleep.
- US Queen (60 x 78 inches) – This version has more legroom for taller individuals or as a perch for your beloved pet.
Getting a queen-sized bed also has a lot of benefits such as the following:
- You have enough room for your partner and a small child or pet.
- It can fit in a regular-sized master bedroom.
- It’s more affordable than a king-sized bed.
- It’s also easier to move around.
A queen-sized bed is the most popular purchase for couples and even singles who want more space to move around during sleep. However, there are also some drawbacks to buying a queen bed.
Some things to consider are:
- It may be too small for a family with more than one child
- It may feel uncomfortable for couples who move around a lot when they sleep.
What Should You Buy?
Some people prefer to have a lot of space when they sleep while others prefer a more cozy setting. At the end of the day, which option you’ll get depends on several factors including the individuals using the bed, the size of your room, and your budget.
Serta has a variety of mattresses to choose along with the king and queen-sized beds. Whatever size or type you choose, you can be assured of quality and value for your money.
What mattress size works best for you and your brood? Share your process in choosing the bed you plan to use in the comments section!